Our commitment and approach to maintaining an accessible website.
IRD Duhallow is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and in doing so adhere to many of the available standards and guidelines.
This website endeavours to conform to level Double-A of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities. Conformance with these guidelines will help make the web more user friendly for all people.
Some accessibility features of this website
- Responsivity – The design of this website will respond to the width of your screen, so that you can easily find and read what you’re looking for.
- To access the PDF documents you will require Adobe Acrobat Reader or similar which you can download for free.
- Images: Most content images used in this site include include a text alternative.
- Font-size and contrast adjustment is available via the floating widget on the left side of the screen:
- Text to Speech: You can use text to speech emulators on this website – most phones and computers have sophisticated built-in text to speech software
This site has been built using code compliant with W3C standards for HTML and CSS. The site displays correctly in current browsers and using standards compliant HTML/CSS code means any future browsers will also display it correctly. Whilst IRD Duhallow strive to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website.
IRD Duhallow will ensure that all new content published to the website will be fully accessible. We will aim to ensure more user-friendly content is available
We are continually seeking out solutions that will bring all areas of the site up to the same level of overall web accessibility. In the meantime should you experience any difficulty in accessing the IRD Duhallow website, please don’t hesitate to contact the team at IRD Duhallow – ring 029-60633 or email firstname.lastname@example.org