The primary purpose of the Focal Farmer Programme is to provide tailored supports to farm families whose farm household viability is under threat
The primary purpose of the Focal Farmer Programme is to provide tailored supports to farm families whose farm household viability is under threat, our aim is to help improve family income and thereby safeguard the economic viability of the household. The requirements of every farm household are different, and supports are tailored to meet the needs of individuals where possible, also the average family farm income varies considerably by farm system. Prioritisation of low Income farm families through the Focal Farmer Programme is an important part of IRD Duhallow operations. The agri food industry is a successful, dynamic and multi-faceted natural resource that makes a significant contribution to Duhallow’s economic and social development. The Focal Farmer programme directly supports 100 farm families through farm efficiency grants. More and more farmers are recognising the benefits of Milk Recording and AI.
What’s Available – How can we help you?
The Focal Farmer Programme provides a number of key services which include:
- Obtaining maximum entitlement under Social Welfare, EU, Agricultural and other relevant schemes.
- Assistance with Farm Assist Application Forms, Family Income Supplement and other relevant Social Welfare Payments.
- Independent Financial Advice tailored to meet the needs of the farm family.
Off Farm Employment/Promotion of the Rural Social Scheme
- Helping to secure off-farm employment to supplement the family farm income.
- Promotion of the Rural Social Scheme.
Training and Up-skilling
- Farm Accounts Training
- EFEIRM Internet Training for Farm Families
- Excavator 180 & 360 Training
- Forklift Training Courses
- Basic Computer, Intermediate Computers, Advanced Computers
Information Seminars, Workshops & Study Trips
Farm Walks are organised on an annual basis and each year the emphasis is on a different system of farming (i.e. beef, suckler, dairy) various Study Days are organised during the year. Information Nights are organised on various topics relevant to the farming community.
Other Supports include:
- Ongoing support to Rural Social Scheme (RSS) Participants
- One to one support
- Support to women in agriculture
- Duhallow Beekeepers
- Grow It Yourself Duhallow
- Farmers Market
For further information on qualifying criteria for the Focal Farmer programme please contact Katie on 029-60633.