IRD Duhallow Newmarket After Schools Co-ordinator
IRD Duhallow Newmarket After Schools is looking to recruit an After Schools Co-ordinator to work within our Afterschools club in IRD Duhallow for 22.5 hours per week.
The After School Club runs from Monday to Friday 14:00 till 18:00.
The Afterschools Co-ordinator will be responsible for:
- Supervising the children, ensuring compliance and safety at all times, supervising meal times
- Ensuring that the facility operates daily in line with statutory guidelines for various funding programmes along with complying with Tusla guidelines regarding child protection
- Co-ordinate the collection of children from local schools with our transport provider and organising a passenger assistant daily also from the childcare team
- Offering support with homework, as well as engaging with them in aspects of play and conversation
- Set up and co-ordinate activities for children to partake part in
- Meet and greet parents and provide them with feedback on their child’s time at the Afterschools
- You will be managing a team of play workers to ensure they are adhering to our policies and procedures to ensure the safety and welfare of all the children attending the After Schools
- Ensuring the cleanliness and hygiene of the Afterschool’s facility
- Responsible for Financial Procedures including taking money, billing and managing applications and subvention
- Reporting directly to the Community Services Team Leader at IRD Duhallow and the Social Economy Working Group
- Develop plans for different activities and initiatives including i.e. Green Schools suitable for all age groups and also for the various camps
Candidates must be enthusiastic, honest, reliable, hardworking and most importantly willing to have fun and enjoy working with children. A qualification and experience in childcare is preferable. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please provide a CV and Cover letter for the above post by no later than close of business on the 13th August to IRD Duhallow, James O’Keeffe Institute, Newmarket, Co. Cork or email.
Applications must be received by 13th August 2019