A Free, confidential community based service supporting you to take the next steps
In response to a recognised need to support those with mental ill-health back into employment, the aim of the Towards Occupation Programme is to facilitate and encourage those in the community who are very distant from the labour market, providing them with education and training opportunities and increasing their chances of progression opportunities. The free and confidential programme adopts an activation approach and is focused on the re-integration of participants into education, training and employment as well as voluntary work or other directions. The TO Programme helps participants to identify their personal occupations requirements/ goals and the pathways to achieving them and assists participants to access as independent a life as possible.
The key Objectives of the Towards Occupation Programme are:
- To provide a combination of flexible one-to-one support, guidance and training to people who are experiencing mental ill health.
- Facilitate participants to identify their own personal occupation requirements and the pathways to achieving them.
- Identify suitable progression routes.
IRD Duhallow’s Towards Occupation Programme is a modular and flexible part time programme including training opportunities in:
- Life Skills/ Personal Development
- Skills Development e.g. Computers, Crafts, Horticulture, Upholstery, Cookery, Furniture REVAMP etc.
- Confidential Career Guidance and Support e.g. CV writing and progression planning.
- WRAP- Wellness Recovery Action Planning
The training is tailored to suit the interests and needs of the group and new courses are always coming on stream!
In order to take part in the Towards Occupation Programme all participants on the programme must be in receipt of a social welfare payment. To express interest in the Towards Occupation Programme or for further information please contact Tríona on 029-60633.