A Free, confidential community based service supporting you to take the next steps
IRD Duhallow’s Towards Personal Occupation Programme continues to provide community based support to those experiencing multiple barriers to progression due to their mental ill health. The programme aims to support persons with mental ill-health/distress to participate in their own recovery and to achieve their full potential. The programme is based on developing the positive assets and resources of each participant by providing accessible, comprehensive and community based supports and training which will re-integrate participants into a social network where they will be supported (individually and within a group) to achieve their personal goals. There is a clear focus on capacity building as well as a strong personal development dimension intertwined throughout the training modules to improve the progression opportunities of participants and to explore different pathways to achieving their personal fulfilment.
The key Objectives of the Towards Occupation Programme are:
- To provide a combination of flexible one-to-one person centred support, guidance and training to people who are experiencing mental ill health.
- Facilitate participants to identify their own personal occupation requirements and the pathways to achieving them.
- Identify suitable progression routes.
IRD Duhallow’s Towards Personal Occupation Programme is a modular and flexible part time programme including training opportunities in:
- Life Skills/ Personal Development
- Skills Development e.g. Computers, Crafts, Horticulture, Upholstery, Cookery, Furniture REVAMP etc.
- Confidential Career Guidance and Support e.g. CV writing and progression planning.
The training is tailored to suit the interests and needs of the group and new courses are always coming on stream! Training takes place 3 days per week on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
In order to take part in the Towards Personal Occupation Programme all participants on the programme must be in receipt of a social welfare payment. To express interest in the Towards Occupation Programme or for further information please contact Tríona on 029-60633.