Boom Sprayer Training
18th October 2017
9:30 pm - 4:30 pm
James O'Keeffe Institute, Newmarket
Places remaining: 0
There are a limited number of Free places on most courses available for those in receipt of a welfare payment. Eligibility Criteria
Terms & Conditions - Click Here
Course Name: Boom Sprayer
Start Date: 18th & 25th October
Day of the Week: Wednesdays
Time: 9.30am – 4.30pm
Duration: 2 days
Venue: James O’ Keeffe Institute, Newmarket, Co. Cork
Tuition Fee: €120
Accreditation: QQI Level 5
• Describe how infestations of pests (weeds, diseases, insects and vertebrates) affect crop growth and reduce quality
• Describe the range of pest control methods available to farmers and growers
• Explain the terminology used to categorise pesticides for crop
• Describe principles and procedures for the safe handling, storage application and storage of pesticides Including PPE
• Summarise laws and regulations relating to poisonous substances Including record keeping
• Explain the principles of application technology necessary for the proper application of pesticides.
• Interpret pesticide label information correctly
• Prepare boom sprayer for work.
• Make up a pesticide spray mix in accordance with good practice
• Store a boom sprayer and personal protective equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
• Apply a pesticide mix with a boom sprayer in a safe and efficient manner.