Frontline Office & Reception Skills
22nd February 2018
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
James O Keeffe Institute
** PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS TRAINING COURSES IS SUPPORTED THROUGH PEIL- GENDER EQUALITY FUNDING AND PARTICIPATION IS FOR WOMEN ONLY**
Course Name: Frontline Office & Reception Skills QQI Minor Award NFQ Level 5
Sector: Office Administration
Start Date: 22nd February 2018
Day of the Week: Thursday
Time: 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
Duration: 1 morning per week for 10 weeks
Venue: James O’ Keeffe Institute, Newmarket
Accreditation: QQI Minor Award NFQ Level 5
The purpose of this training course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence required to carry out reception related tasks and operations as a front line representative in a range of organisations.
Learning Outcomes: On Completion of this training course learners will be able to:
1. Examine the skills, functions and responsibilities of a receptionist or front line office representative within an organisation.
2. Explore the range of telecommunications network equipment used within a reception and or front office context, to include, telephone management systems, electronic directories and computer networks.
3. Apply a range of communication skills including personal, interpersonal and technological proficiencies using effective tone, pitch, use of voice and body language.
4. Produce reception material to include notices, inventory of equipment, stock requisitions, petty cash system, diary, post log, visitors log and telephone messages.
5. Respond quickly in pressurized reception related circumstances requiring fast and efficient comeback
6. Display a professional approach to receiving visitors, use effective customer service skills, upkeep of visitor’s log book, use initiative around unexpected visitors and maintain composure when dealing with complaints.
7. Apply a range of general administrative skills within the reception and or front office context, to include filing, booking and preparing for board meetings or conferences, organising visitors waiting area, arranging appointments, preparing an itinerary, making reservations, providing information to visitors, ordering stationery, dealing with incoming and outgoing postal dispatches and courier services.
This project is part supported by the Irish Government and the European Social Fund (ESF) Fund 2014-2020 as part of the Programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning (PEIL) 2014-2020.