Dementia Awareness Training Terms & Conditions - Click Here
10th January 2018
James O'Keeffe Institute, Newmarket, Co. Cork
Places remaining: 7
Cost: €€20.00 (Plus booking fee)
Understandin g Dementia
Start Date: 10th January
Day of the Week: Wednesday
Time: 6.0pm – 9.30pm
Duration: 1 Night
Venue: James O’Keeffe Institute, Newmarket
Tuition Fee: €20
Accreditation: Cert of Attendance
Objectives and course outline:
1. Improve our knowledge of the understanding of the term dementia, discuss some of
the common causes, signs, symptoms, and related risk factors.
2. Enhance our knowledge of the legislation relating to supporting persons with dementia
and their caregivers.
3. Discuss some of the challenges facing persons who have dementia and the challenges
their caregivers may experience.
4. Reflect on how different people experience dementia because of varying factors.
5. Review our appreciation for a holistic team approach to develop a greater
understanding of dementia and associated concerns.
6. Encourage and appreciate the contribution of all health care professionals to the care
needs of a person who has dementia.
7. Explore signs and symptom management of dementia.
8. Discuss how the creation of safe environment may enable a person with dementia to
have a better quality of life by recognising some potential risks to their every day living.
9. Learn how to enhance our communication and relationships between residents with
dementia, their family members and us as healthcare professionals.
10. Reflect on the importance of “A Dementia Care Plan”. Mention some of the pertinent
information that each individualised care plan should contain.
11. Reflect on the importance of person centred care for each resident with dementia.
12. Familiarize ourselves with the HIQA standards with regard dementia care.
13. Reflect on the importance of the emotional wellness of the caregiver, health care
professional along the residents dementia profession.