Responsive Behaviour Training Terms & Conditions - Click Here
24th January 2018
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
James O'Keeffe Institute, Newmarket, Co. @Cork
Places remaining: 4
Cost: €€20.00 (Plus booking fee)
Responsive Behaviour Training
Start Date: 24th January
Day of the Week: Wednesday
Time: 6.00pm – 9.30pm
Duration: 1 Night
Venue: James O’Keeffe Institute, Newmarket,
Tuition Fee: €20
Accreditation: Cert of Attendance
Objectives and course outline:
1. Be aware and identify the necessity of promoting good practice in relation to
2. Familiarize oneself with national and local policies and procedures in relation
to “Responsive Behaviour”.
3. Outline and define what is “Responsive Behaviour” and discuss the various types
of challenging behaviour we may experience in our clinical setting.
4. Identify and discuss the needs of the person displaying challenging behaviour.
5. Discuss the nurse’s/carer’s role in relation to de-escalating and responding to
6. Consider any unmet needs a resident may be experiencing, elaborate on how
do we as healthcare professionals create a holistic and person centred approach
to respond to this behaviour.
7. Identify and discuss the use of behavioural assessment chart for example “ABC”
charts 1 and their use in clinical practice.
8. Reflect on any possible environmental triggers.Reflect on the importance of
getting to know our residents.
9. Discuss the actions to be taken to enhance communication and interpersonal
skills when responding to behaviour that challenges.
10. Explore and examine a sample of non-pharmacological approaches that may
help reduce a trigger that causes challenging behaviour.
11. Identify the importance of having a framework to supervise and review
behavioural assessments charts.
12. Familiarize ourselves with the HIQA standards in relation to our care settings.