End of Life Awareness Training for Health Care Providers Terms & Conditions - Click Here
21st February 2018
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
James O'Keeffe Institute, Newmarket, Co. Cork
Places remaining: 0
Cost: €€20.00 (Plus booking fee)
Start Date: 21st February
Day of the Week: Wednesday
Time: 6.00pm -9.00pm
Duration: 1 Night
Venue: James O’Keeffe Institute, Newmarket,
Tuition Fee: €20
1. Improve our knowledge of End of Life Care whilst exploring the definition of palliative care
and symptom management.
2. Enhance our knowledge and appreciation for the needs of residents who are in an
active end of life stage.
3. Discuss logically three end of life stages and how do we recognise these stages as
4. Reflect on our cultural sensitivity and appreciate the role of culture in influencing a
residents experience of dying.
5. Review our appreciation for a holistic team approach for our residents along the end of life
6. Encourage and appreciate the contribution of all health care professionals to the care of
our residents and recognise the responsibility we have to ensure they receive the highest
quality of end of life care.
7. Explore signs and symptom management of pain control.
8. Discuss how to initiate preparation with residents and their family members in
relation to their wishes for their end of life care.
9. Learn how to enhance these relationships between residents, their family members
and us as healthcare professionals.
10. Reflect on the importance of “An End of Life Care Plan”. Mention some of the
pertinent information that each individualised care plan should contain.
11. Reflect on the importance of person centred care for each resident along their end of life
12. Familiarize ourselves with the HIQA standards with regard end of life care.
13. Highlight the benefits of a palliative care referral and the use of syringe drivers.
14. Reflect on the importance of the emotional wellness of the caregiver, health care
professional along the residents end of life journey.