Communications QQI Level 5
29th August 2018
James O'Keeffe Institute
** PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS TRAINING COURSES IS SUPPORTED THROUGH PEIL- GENDER EQUALITY FUNDING AND PARTICIPATION IS FOR WOMEN WHO MEET THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA ONLY, For Eligibility criteria please read terms and conditions above**
Course Name: Communications
Sector: Healthcare/ Childcare
Start Date: 29th of August-31st of October 2018
Duration: 10 Weeks
Venue: James O’ Keeffe Institute, Newmarket, Co. Cork.
Accreditation: QQI Minor Award NFQ Level 5
A compulsory module of the Health Care Support Worker QQI Level 5, learners will acquire communication skills necessary for personal and professional development; Understand the principles of communication; Develop skills to convey and interpret communicative messages in writing, orally and visually; Understand the role of technology in modern communication and its application in personal and vocational life.
Learners will be able to:
- Analyse a range of current issues in communications an information technology
- Summarise in practical terms the elements of legislation that must be observed in a personal and/or work context.
- Use appropriate non-verbal and visual communication in personal- and work-related settings
- Demonstrate verbal skills appropriate to working under general direction
- Demonstrate listening skills appropriate to working under general direction
- Use reading techniques appropriate to a task
- Critique information from a range of complex written material
- Research a relevant vocational topic
- Use drafting, proofreading and editing skills to write a range of documents
- Demonstrate communications styles and techniques relevant to
For booking or further information please contact Jacinta on 029-60633 or by e-mail on [email protected]
This project is part supported by the Irish Government and the European Social Fund (ESF) Fund 2014-2020 as part of the Programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning (PEIL) 2014-2020.