Infection Prevention & Control QQI Level 5
14th November 2018
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
James O Keeffe Institute
** PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS TRAINING COURSES IS SUPPORTED THROUGH PEIL- GENDER EQUALITY FUNDING AND PARTICIPATION IS FOR WOMEN WHO MEET THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA ONLY, For Eligibility criteria please read terms and conditions above**
Course Name: Infection Prevention & Control QQI Level 5
Date: Wednesday 14th of November-13th February 2019 (Allowing for Christmas break)
Time: 6.30 p.m-9.30 p.m.
Duration: 1 Night a Week for 10 Weeks
Venue: James O’Keeffe Institute, Newmarket, Co. Cork.
Accreditation: QQI Level 5
The purpose of training course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to prevent and control infection within the health services area.
Upon completion of this training course learners will be able to:
- Explain the basic principles of infection and the application of standard precautions in relation to infection control, to include the significance of an Area of Infection Control.
- Discuss the importance of infection prevention and control in the healthcare area, in providing a healthy environment for patients, staff and visitors.
- Discuss the role and functions of the local infection control team members, to include local policy in relation to dress, staff health and travel associated infections.
- Investigate the terms cleaning, disinfection and sterilisation to include cleaning standards, procedures and frequencies while paying special attention to decontamination of equipment, including patient care equipment.
- Identify the main blood borne viruses which pose a threat and the methods that prevent the spread of infections.
- Examine the role of antibiotics and the importance of correct and safe antibiotic use to avoid antibiotic resistance.
- Differentiate between social hand hygiene, antiseptic hand hygiene and surgical hand hygiene to include the correct use of alcohol hand gels and the need for good personal skin care and efficient hand washing.
- Implement the local terminal cleaning procedure in a range of settings, such as an isolation room, single use items and outbreak management.
For booking or further information please contact Jacinta on 029-60633 or by e-mail on [email protected]
This project is part supported by the Irish Government and the European Social Fund (ESF) Fund 2014-2020 as part of the Programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning (PEIL) 2014-2020.