Boom Sprayer Terms & Conditions - Click Here
24th October 2018
James O Keeffe Institute
Places remaining: 8
Cost: €€120.00 (Plus booking fee)
Course Name: Boom Sprayer
Start Date: 24th & 31st October
Day of the Week: Wednesdays
Time: 9.30am – 5.30pm
Duration: 2 days
Venue: James O’ Keeffe Institute, Newmarket, Co. Cork
Tuition Fee: €120
Accreditation: QQI Level 5
- Describe how infestations of pests (weeds, diseases, insects and vertebrates) affect crop growth and reduce quality
- Describe the range of pest control methods available to farmers and growers
- Explain the terminology used to categorise pesticides for crop
- Describe principles and procedures for the safe handling, storage application and storage of pesticides Including PPE
- Summarise laws and regulations relating to poisonous substances Including record keeping
- Explain the principles of application technology necessary for the proper application of pesticides.
- Interpret pesticide label information correctly
- Prepare boom sprayer for work.
- Make up a pesticide spray mix in accordance with good practice
- Store a boom sprayer and personal protective equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Apply a pesticide mix with a boom sprayer in a safe and efficient manner.