Refresher First Aid Terms & Conditions - Click Here
6th September 2018
9:30 am - 5:30 pm
James O Keeffe Institute
Places remaining: 1
Cost: €€120.00 (Plus booking fee)
Course Name: First Aid Refresher
Start Date: 6th & 7th September
Day of the Week: Thursday & Friday
Time: 9:30am – 5.30pm
Duration: 2 Days
Venue: James O’Keeffe Institute
Accreditation: Cert of Attendance
The course is highly interactive with each theory session being followed by demonstration, practical tasks (including AED DVD for unit 4) and assessment of individual skills.
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
- Understand the responsibilities of the occupational first aider.
- Be familiar with health and safety legislation on first aid provision in the workplace.
- Be able to provide treatment for preserving life or minimising the consequences of injury until the arrival of medical aid.
- Be able to provide treatment in the workplace for injuries which do not require the attention of a medical practitioner or nurse.
- Be able to co-ordinate first aid arrangements in the workplace.
- Successful participants will be registered as Occupational First Aiders
- Demonstrate up-to-date practical skills
- Explain new developments in First Aid
- Unit 1: First aid in the workplace
- Unit 2: Patient assessment
- Unit 3: Respiratory emergencies
- Unit 4: Cardiac first response
- Unit 5: Wounds and bleeding
- Unit 6: Altered levels of consciousness
- Unit 7: Musculoskeletal injuries
- Unit 8: Burns and scalds, chemicals, electric shock
Pre-Course Requirements Participants must hold a current Occupational First Aid Certificate. Occupational First Aid Refresher training must be attended within 2 years of original certificate.
Assessment/Certification Assessment is continuous throughout the course and you receive a certificate of attendance on the day