Work Experience Terms & Conditions - Click Here
26th November 2018
James O Keeffe Institute
Places remaining: 15
Cost: €€180.00 (Plus booking fee)
Course Name: Work Experience
Start Date:26th November
Time: 6.30pm – 9.30pm
Duration: 10 Monday Nights ( Excluding Bank Holidays)
Venue: James O’Keeffe Institute, Newmarket, Co. Cork
Tuition Fee: €180
Accreditation: QQI Level 5 (5N1356)
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the relevant knowledge, skill and competence to participate in the workplace for a limited time, carrying out work-related tasks independently while under general direction.
Learners will be able to:
- Examine work organisations and personal career opportunities in a particular vocational area, to include consideration of work- related issues and needs.
- Analyse key challenges and opportunities facing a particular vocational area.
- Summarise the basic rights and responsibilities of employees and employers.
- Compile a personal and vocational skills audit and career plan.
- Present relevant work experience material, to include a CV or personal statement, letter of application, evidence of job-finding skills, skills check list, and statement of learning goals.
- Participate effectively in work experience, to include observation of good timekeeping, working independently while under general direction.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills in the workplace.
- Reflect on workplace experiences, to include feedback by supervisor.
- Explore options for future education, training and employment in light of work experience.