Basic First Aid
26th October 2021
IRD Duhallow, James O'Keeffe Institute, Co. Cork
Places remaining: 4
Cost: €10.00 (Plus booking fee)
BASIC FIRST AID for Family and Voluntary Carers
Basic accidents encountered in the workplace and at home are covered as well as resuscitation.
Participants are given a Certificate of Attendance after the First Aid Course, if required.
The following is an outline of some of the subjects covered, both in theory and practical demonstration.
• Introduction to First Aid; Dealing with accidents; protecting yourself.
• Circulation, Haemorrhage, Wounds (treatment and bandaging)
• Fractures and Spinal Injury
• Head and Facial Injury
• Unconsciousness: Causes and treatment
• Burns, Scalds and Chemical Injury / Poisoning
• Electric Shock
• Other Conditions: Epilepsy, Diabetes
• Management of an Accident / Incident Scene by a First-Aider.