Holy Wells Tour of Duhallow
13th July 2019
James O Keeffe Institute, Newmarket
Jack Roche will lead a Holy Wells Tour covering part of Duhallow celebrating both our current and historic Christian practices and linkages to pre-Christian traditions and myths. The tour will depart from the James O’ Keeffe Institute, Newmarket at 1.30p.m.
The following wells will be covered:
- St. Berecherts’ Holy Well and a 6th century monastery, Tullylease
- Trinity Holy Well, Newmarket – Break for Refreshment
- Holy Well, dedicated to Inghne Buidhne (or Iníon Buí), Dromtarriffe
- St. John’s Well or ‘Tobair na Faithní’, Mushera, Millstreet
- Tubrid Well, dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary, Millstreet
- St. Laitiarnans Well, Cullen where the cures of varying illnesses are said to have taken place
Booking is essential as places are limited on the bus. Booking can be made by contacting IRD Duhallow on 029 60633.