Leadership and Management in ECEC Settings
3rd October 2023
QQI Level 7 10 credits
- To be delivered from October 3rd to mid- December 2023.
- This module will be delivered using a blended approach that incorporates a mix of live online tutorials, face to face lectures (blocked over three Saturdays) and directed study via module content on the VLE (CANVAS).
- Live online tutorials delivered once a week in the evening over one full semester, will be recorded
- Models of leadership (positional, opportunistic, distributed, relational, collaborative, entrepreneurial, transformative, instructional), Leadership and learning, Praxis, Leading & Managing Change, Agents of change, Agency, Advocacy
- Contemporary HR policies and processes, people management, attraction and retention of staff, employee relations, complaints/grievances, Orientation, Organisational Culture, motivation, team building
- Mentoring and Coaching : models, supporting educators to support each other, staff support and supervision, performance, pyramid of support, culture, self-regulation, ownership, CPD requirements, student placement supervision, AIM
- Finance / Administration/Governance for the Sector, Charitable status requirements, company structures, funding bodies, registration and reporting, funding applications, Pobal, understanding budgets and costings, business objectives, reporting financial position, balance sheet interpretation
- Portfolio 80% : interrogate your current practice, evidence and document learnings from module, consider re current practice.
- Online discussion forum 20% : contribute and respond to posts on relevant topics.
Grant aid brings fees to: €295
Download the Application form for Management & Leadership in ECEC 2023 and email to email@example.com