Managing Challenging Behaviour
28th September 2019
James O'Keeffe Institute
Places remaining: 16
Cost: €€5.00 (Plus booking fee)
Who’s it for:
The course is for Family & Voluntary Carers
Promoting Positive Behaviour
Promoting Positive Behaviour helps build respectful relationships with others.
This is a practical workshop for parents / family caring for a child with special needs.
Part 1 of the workshop covers:
- What is challenging behaviour?
- Theory of understanding behaviour according to Bandura, Vygotsky Bronfenbrenner
- Differences between how children and adults think and how this might impact on behaviour
- Identify different styles of parenting /leadership style: Laissez-faire, democratic and authoritarian
- Exploration of how the adult responds to challenging behaviour?
Part 2 of the workshop covers:
- Strategies to support parents in the promotion of appropriate behaviour. Implementation of the setting of appropriate boundaries
- Exploration of supporting children in Conflict resolution using High Scope conflict resolutions 6 steps
- Exploration of prevention strategies of conflict resolution.
- Discussion on the importance of consistency amongst practitioners and parents when dealing with conflict resolution and the promotion of appropriate behaviour Examine environmental factors which may impact on behavior
- Outline approaches which can be introduced to facilitate and encourage partnership and participation between the children and practitioners within your service.