13th November 2019
James O Keeffe Institute
Physical Literacy – Coaching Ireland
Cork Sports Partnership have partnered with Coaching Ireland to host a Physical Literacy Workshop which offers the participants the chance to learn more about why physical activity is so important to children and how we can do more to encourage it.
The workshop brings together findings from national and international research that highlights the need to increase children’s levels of physical literacy as part of the long-term approach to increasing wellbeing and reducing levels of preventable disease.
- Importance of Physical Activity for Children
- What is meant by the physical literacy learning journey
- Rationale behind the physical literacy journey – ‘Road Map’ that can be used by anyone who guides children along their physical literacy learning journey.
- How can one contribute to its development in the children and young people with whom they interact at home and in the community.
- Organise safe, purposeful and meaningful physical activities for all children.
Participants for this course must book directly with Cork Sports Partnership on