QQI Level 5 Healthcare Assistant Terms & Conditions - Click Here
7th October 2019
James O Keeffe Institute
Places remaining: 9
Course Name: QQI Level 5 Health Care Assistant
Start Date: 7th October
Day of the Week: Monday to Thursday
Time: 9.30am – 2.30pm
Duration: 4 days per week
Venue: James O’Keeffe Institute, Newmarket, Co. Cork
Tuition Fee: Free to anyone in receipt of a social welfare payment
Successful graduates will be awarded the following:
- FETAC Level 5 Certificate in: Healthcare Support OR Nursing Studies (Major Award 8 Modules)
- Care of the Older Person
- Care Skills
- Infection, Prevention & Control
- Care Support
- Palliative Care
- Safety & Health at Work
- Work Experience
|Who should participate in this course?|
|Healthcare Support certificate:
Learners who are looking to pursue a career as a Health Care Assistant in a hospital or nursing home.
It is anticipated in the sector that this award will be the minimum qualification for Healthcare Assistants.
Nursing Studies certificate:
Learners who are looking to pursue further third level studies with a view to becoming a qualified nurse.
Learners wishing to gain additional points for their CAO entry onto a nursing degree programme.
|The course aims to prepare learners for a career both here in Ireland and abroad by:
· Facilitating an understanding of the needs of the older person in relation to the maintenance of their independence, dignity, respect, self esteem and choice
· Developing communication, intellectual, practical and caring skills to respond effectively and with empathy to the needs of the older person
· Creating an understanding of current and emerging legislation that applies to the care of the older person
· Raising awareness of the need for personal and professional development while working with older people and their families