Refresher First Aid Terms & Conditions - Click Here
4th April 2019
James O Keeffe Institute
Places remaining: 8
Cost: €€120.00 (Plus booking fee)
Course Name: First Aid Refresher
Start Date: 4th & 5th April
Day of the Week: Thursday & Friday
Time: 9:30am – 5.30pm
Duration: 2 Days
Venue: James O’Keeffe Institute
Accreditation: Cert of Attendance
The course is highly interactive with each theory session being followed by demonstration, practical tasks (including AED DVD for unit 4) and assessment of individual skills.
- Unit 1: First aid in the workplace
- Unit 2: Patient assessment
- Unit 3: Respiratory emergencies
- Unit 4: Cardiac first response
- Unit 5: Wounds and bleeding
- Unit 6: Altered levels of consciousness
- Unit 7: Musculoskeletal injuries
- Unit 8: Burns and scalds, chemicals, electric shock
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
- Understand the responsibilities of the occupational first aider.
- Be familiar with health and safety legislation on first aid provision in the workplace.
- Be able to provide treatment for preserving life or minimising the consequences of injury until the arrival of medical aid.
- Be able to provide treatment in the workplace for injuries which do not require the attention of a medical practitioner or nurse.
- Be able to co-ordinate first aid arrangements in the workplace.
- Successful participants will be registered as Occupational First Aiders
- Demonstrate up-to-date practical skills
- Explain new developments in First Aid
Pre-Course Requirements Participants must hold a current Occupational First Aid Certificate. Occupational First Aid Refresher training must be attended within 2 years of original certificate.
Assessment/Certification Assessment is continuous throughout the course and you receive a certificate of attendance on the day.