Staying Fit for the Future
10th September 2019
Commencing: 10th September 2019
Number of Weeks: 8
Venue: Newmarket CYMS
Cork Sports Partnership has partnered with the HSE Health Promotion & Improvement Division and Physiotherapy Department to roll out this exciting new programme in Cork.
The Staying Fit for the Future with Better Balance Better Bones programme is a physical activity programme that will improve strength and balance as well as your general aerobic fitness.
Delivered over 8 weekly sessions in a community setting this programme includes:
- An aerobic warm up including endurance exercises, walking and range of movement stretches
- Series of exercises to challange and improve balance, joint and muscle flexibility and bone and muscle power
- Series of exercises to practice at home
- Duration of programme is 8 weekly sessions
Who is the programme aimed at:
This programme is suitable for adults who walk unaided and want to stay strong on their feet and falls free for life. It is not suitable for people who have fallen in the past 12 months or who use a walking stick or frame.
If you are wondering if the programme is suitable please attempt the following simple test of balance and strength:
- Cross your arms across your chest, then keeping your arms crossed stand on 1 leg, now close your eyes and stand tall and steady for 10 seconds…
If you find yourself a good bit more wobbly than you expected, this programme is for you! Programmes are delivered by exercise professionals who have been trained by HSE Physiotherapists in the Staying Fit For the Future, Better Balance Better Bones Programme.
How much does the programme cost?
The cost of the programme is €40 payable at the first session. Please note that this programme is being evaluated and will require a small amout of paper work throughout.
How to book your place:
Please contact Cork Sports Partnership on 021 4347096 for more information on upcoming Fit for the Future programmes in your community.
For more Information:
Please contact Cork Sports Partnership on 021 4347096 to book a place on one of the above programmes or to find our more information.