Work Experience QQI Level 5
1st February 2020
IRD Duhallow, James O'Keeffe Institute, Co. Cork
Course Name: Work Experience QQI Level 5
Date: February 2020
Duration: 10 Nights
Venue: James O’Keeffe Institute, Newmarket
Accreditation: Minor QQI Level 5
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the relevant knowledge, skill and competence to participate in the workplace for a limited time, carrying out work-related tasks independently while under general direction.
- Examine work organisations and personal career opportunities in a particular vocational area, to include consideration of work related issues and needs
- Analyse key challenges and opportunities facing a particular vocational area
- Summarise the basic rights and responsibilities of employees and employers in a particular work, organisational or institutional context, to include health, safety and welfare at work, equality legislation, union representation and regulations relating to pay.
- Compile a personal and vocational skills audit and career plan for a specific vocational area, to include goals and action points for the period of work experience.
- Present relevant work experience material, to include a CV or personal statement, letter of application, evidence of job-finding skills, skills checklist, statement of learning goals, contractual arrangements.
- Participate effectively in work experience, to include observation of good timekeeping, working independently while under general direction, meeting deadlines, personal presentation, communication, adherence to health, safety and other relevant regulations.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills in the workplace, to include personal, interpersonal and technological communication skills.
- Reflect on workplace experiences, to include feedback by supervisor(s) or mentor(s) on personal performance and challenges such as conflict, criticism, meeting new people and learning in relation to quality management.
- Explore options for future education, training and employment in light of work experience
- Portfolio / Collection of Work- 60%
- Skills Demonstration- 40%