Are you interested in the following?
You can keep up to date with IRD Duhallow’s courses and events by subscribing for the monthly newsletter or by following IRD Duhallow on Facebook.
Teach Iosagain, Rathmore
Course Name: Start your own Business
Start Date: 12th, 19th, 26th September and 3rd & 10th of October
Day of the Week: Tuesday
Time: 9.30am -1.30pm
Duration: 5 Half Days
Venue: Teach Iosagain, Rathmore
Tuition Fee: €20
Accreditation: Cert of attendance.
Learn the Fundamentals of Starting Your Own Business. From Business Research and Finance, to Marketing and Sales, we cover the fundamentals of getting started in Business.
A certificate of attendance will be provided which is required for anyone looking at applying for the BTWEA / STEA
Introduction to Business Plan Template & Outline of Product or Service
Refining Description of your Product or Service
Promotion of your Product or Service
Legal structure and regulatory environment
Introduction to Monthly Cash Flow Forecasting
Monthly and yearly cash flow for up to 3 years
Recap on sales targets.
Basic Record Keeping
Sources of Finance and Government Initiatives to support enterprise
Providing for your Retirement
Bringing it all together in your business plan.
James O' Keeffe Institute
Course Name: ECDL Start (European Computer Driving Licence)
Date: Tuesday 19th September
Time: 6. 30p.m-9.30p.m.
Duration: 12 nights
Venue: James O’Keeffe Institute, Newmarket
Accreditation: ECDL Skills Card
Programme Description: The European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) is the world’s most successful IT skills certification programme. The ECDL establishes a standard for everyone who uses a computer in either a professional or personal capacity. It is a certificate that verifies competence in computer use, making the holder readily mobile within Ireland and internationally. ECDL START is a certificate which certifies and covers basic computer skills and the use of common applications in the workplace, the home and in society in general.
It is important that each learner has previous experience and a basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word/ Office. Ideally each learner should have access to a computer system where Microsoft Word & Office is available to maximise learning during the training course and after.
There are four modules studied on the ECDL Start Course which are:
- Computer Essentials: This module sets out essential concepts and skills relating to the use of devices, file creation & management, networks & protecting your advice and data security.
- Online Essentials: This module sets out essential concepts and skills relating to web browsing, effective online information search, online communication & using e-mail.
- Word Processing: This module allows candidates to demonstrate the ability to use a word processing application to accomplish everyday tasks associated with creating, formatting, and finishing small-sized word processing documents, such as letters and other everyday documents.
- Spreadsheets: This module allows candidates to understand the concept of spreadsheets and to demonstrate an ability to use a spreadsheet to produce accurate work outputs.
James O' Keeffe Institute
This course is designed to give users a good introduction to the basic concepts of Excel. It explores the structure of the Excel workbook and demonstrates basic techniques required for working with spreadsheets.
Topics Covered include:
- Exploring Excel
- Basic Workbook Skills
- Creating formulas and the autosum function
- Copying and Moving Data
- Managing Worksheets
- Printing of spreadsheets
- Formatting Data and Cells
- Working with Columns and Rows
- Using Large Spreadsheets
- Naming a range of cells
- Spreadsheet Layout
For further information or booking please fill out the booking form below. If you require any further information please call Jacinta/ Mary on 029-60633.