Ballydaly is a small rural village that can be found 3 miles west of Millstreet and 4 miles east of Rathmore. The village contains a church, shop, national school and a community centre. The population of Ballydaly and its surrounding community is approximately 350 people.
Ballydaly GAA Club was formed in 1957 and for a small community had great success on the playing field. The club won the Duhallow Novice Football Championship in their first year of existence. They won the championship again in 1960, where the late John Twomey composed a song about this great win. In 1969, the under 16 footballers won the Duhallow Championship and most of this team went onto further glory winning the Duhallow Novice league and championship double in 1975 and the championship in 1979. Clubman Tim Horan played for the Cork Minor Footballers in 1977 where they won the Munster Football Championship. The club however disbanded in 1990 and joined with Cullen GAA Club.
– Ballydaly Hall Committee
– Local GAA club is joined with Cullen GAA
An historic stone monument was erected on Easter Sunday 2001 in honour of Captain Con Murphy, Ballydaly who was executed on the 1st February 1921. This monument stands alone beside his birth place on a beautiful centre-piece on the main Millstreet – Killarney Road with spectacular views of Derrynasaggart Mountains. The noble Irishman’s roots are deeply imprinted in his native place and will always live on over generations in the Murphy homestead at Ballydaly.